Let’s start with what peptides are. Peptides are small chains of amino acids that make up proteins. Additionally, peptides are found in every part of your body! Because they can be found in all areas of your body, it stands to reason that they have specific functions. Primarily, they act as messengers that improve cell signaling in the body which results in glands and proteins doing specific tasks.
Peptides are often discussed in relation to anti-aging treatments. As we age, our production of human growth hormone declines causing our bodies to start showing signs of aging and reducing our bodies’ ability to perform at an optimal level. Peptides have the ability to increase and boost our own body’s production of that human growth hormone improving the overall quality of life and decreasing signs of aging.
Peptides are most often known for their benefits in building muscle and reducing fat, but there are many additional benefits of peptide therapy including:
- Increased development of lean muscle and development of new muscle cells
- Improved workout endurance and recovery
- Reduced body fat
- Increased energy, endurance, and strength
- Increased muscle mass and definition
- Accelerated wound healing and surgical healing
- Strengthened immune system
- Improved hormone regulation
- Improved libido and sexual performance
- Increased Human Growth Hormone production
- Ligament and tendon repair
- Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Increased collagen and elastin production
If taken appropriately and by healthy individuals, peptides are generally safe. Additionally, there are hundreds of FDA approved peptides.
At Az IV Vitality, we want all of our patients to look and feel their best, and peptide therapy can do exactly that. If you are interested in a free consultation, call or text to schedule a visit today and see how we can help you live your best life!